Teaching is not just about being in front of a class and imparting knowledge. It…
In recent years, online tutoring has gained immense popularity, allowing educators to reach students worldwide. However, for online tutors to effectively engage and teach their students, they need the right tools.
One essential tool that has become indispensable in the virtual classroom is the online interactive whiteboard. These digital platforms mimic the traditional classroom whiteboard and offer a range of features that enhance the learning experience.
In this article, we will explore seven of the best online interactive whiteboards for online tutors and discuss their pros and cons.
BitPaper is a versatile online interactive whiteboard that is well-suited for online tutors. It offers real-time collaboration and an intuitive interface, making it easy for tutors and students to work together seamlessly.
Features include drawing tools, document uploads, and the ability to save sessions for future reference. BitPaper also supports audio and video chat, making it a comprehensive platform for online tutoring.
- Real-time collaboration
- Intuitive interface
- Document uploads
- Audio and video chat
- Session playback
- Limited free version
- Limited offline access
- No mobile app
2) Jamboard by Google
Jamboard is a collaborative whiteboard tool from Google. While primarily designed for businesses and classrooms, it can be a powerful tool for online tutors. It integrates seamlessly with Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) apps, making it easy to share and collaborate on documents, presentations, and drawings in real-time.
The familiarity of Google tools and the ability to access Jamboard from any device with an internet connection make it a solid choice for online tutors.
- Integration with Google Workspace
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Collaboration in real-time
- Cloud storage for boards
- Searchable content
- Requires a Google Workspace subscription
- Limited features compared to some other online whiteboards
- File size limitations
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboard platform that offers a wide range of features for online tutors. It’s particularly well-suited for visual thinkers as it allows for brainstorming, mind mapping, and diagram creation.
Tutors can easily create interactive lessons, add sticky notes, and collaborate with students in real-time. Miro also supports integrations with popular educational tools like Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Versatile for visual content
- Drawing and diagramming tools
- Cross-platform compatibility (web, mobile, desktop)
- Integrations with educational tools
- Templates and frameworks offered
- High level of security
- Learning curve for some features
- Higher pricing (free version is limited)
Ziteboard is a simple and user-friendly online whiteboard with real-time collaboration features. No account is needed for participants, making it easy to get started. It offers an infinite canvas but has limited features in its free version.
- Simple and user-friendly
- No account needed for participants
- Responsive drawing tools
- Infinite canvas (no worry for space limitations)
- Limited features in the free version
- No advanced templates
Conceptboard is designed for visual collaboration, making it perfect for creative lessons. It offers commenting and annotation tools, integrates with project management apps, and provides templates for various purposes. Its free plan has limited features.
- Visual collaboration for creative lessons
- Commenting and annotation tools
- Integrations with project management apps (Google Drive, Dropbox, Trello, etc.)
- Templates for different purposes
- Keeps version history
- Free plan has limited features
- File size limitations
6) Microsoft Whiteboard
Microsoft Whiteboard is a digital canvas that integrates smoothly with Microsoft 365 applications, making it suitable for tutors using Microsoft tools. It offers infinite canvas space, real-time collaboration, inking, and shape recognition features.
- Microsoft 365 integration
- Inking and shape recognition
- Rich media integration
- Template library
- Offline mode
- Requires a Microsoft 365 subscription
- Learning curve
- Limited export options
Limnu is an online interactive whiteboard designed for collaboration and creative brainstorming. It provides an infinite canvas for tutors and students to work on, making it suitable for a wide range of educational activities.
Limnu offers real-time collaboration features, allowing multiple users to draw, write, and interact simultaneously. It’s known for its smooth and responsive drawing tools, making it easy to create diagrams, sketches, and lessons. Limnu also supports various file types for easy document sharing and integration with other apps.
- Infinite canvas for unrestricted content creation
- Real-time collaboration with multiple users
- Smooth and responsive drawing tools
- Support for various file types
- Integration options with other applications
- Some features may require a paid subscription
- Limited template options compared to some other platforms
What online interactive whiteboards do you like to use for your online classes? Let us know in the comments below!